Books are a uniquely portable magic.
—Stephen King, On Writing: A Memoir of the Craft
Here’s the plan:
- Read fifty books in 2015. I won’t count a book I don’t finish.
- With a few exceptions, most are written by women and published in 2014 or 2015.
- On the first day of the month, I’ll post the last month’s list. I’ll also post on Goodreads where you can find a short synopsis of every book. See the link to my Goodreads account in the side column.
- I’m a reader, not a critic. So, no reviews. But, I’m happy to share in the comments and learn what you think, too.
Here’s what I read in January:
- Lucky Us by Amy Bloom
- Heroes Are My Weakness by Susan Elizabeth Phillips
- Naked in Death by J.D. Robb
- Still Life With Bread Crumbs by Anna Quindlen
- After I’m Gone by Laura Lippman
- Delicious! by Ruth Reichl
- Astonish Me by Maggie Shipstead
- Festive in Death by J.D. Robb
- The Hurricane Sisters by Dorothea Benton Frank
All of these books came from the San Antonio Public Library. The J.D. Robb titles are digital reads. The others are shelved in the New Book or Express Collections.