I’m reading, cramming as many contemporary satirical novels in my brain as possible. Studying their similarities and differences is this week’s work, along with trying to figure out exactly where my little book fits in the big scheme of things.
Here’s my list:
- This Is Where I Leave You by Jonathan Tropper
- Boomsday by Christoper Buckley
- Moo by Jane Smiley
- The Abstinence Teacher by Tom Perrotta
- Coyote Blue by Christopher Moore
- Strip Tease by Carl Hiaasen
In a few days when I come up for air, I’ll let you know what I’ve learned from immersion.